DISPLACEMENT TRACKING MATRIX V2.0 UPDATE - 20 February 2012
- Total number of IDPs living in IDP sites is now less than 500,000. Specifically: there are about 490,545 IDP individuals (or 120,791 IDP households) remaining in 660 IDP sites in the earthquake affected areas.
- Compared to the previous period (January 2012) a 5% decrease in population is observed: 515,961 IDP individuals in January 2012 compared to 490,545 IDP individuals in February 2012.
- The communes of Tabarre and Port-Au-Prince report highest numbers of IDP households and individuals moving out for this period.
- Similar to the previous periods, majority of the displaced population, about 60% (72,152 households) resides in 52 of the larger sites (sites hosting more than 500 households). These 52 sites make up only 8% of all identified IDP sites this period.
- IDP sites hosting less than 100 IDP households make up 69% (453 IDP sites) of the total number of sites though they only host about 12% of the total IDP population (about 14,954 IDP households).
- More IDP sites on private land have closed between November 2010 and February 2012 (from 882 sites to 470 sites remaining open), compared to IDP sites on public land (from 222 sites in November 2010 to 178 sites in February 2012).
Maps Overview (DPF, 864 KB)
English Version (DPF, 159 KB)
French Version (DPF, 191 KB)