DTM Report November 2011
- Compared to the height of displacement in July 2010, the total IDP population (individuals) this period shows a 66% decrease: from 1,500,000 in July 2010 to 520,000 in November 2011.
- Compared to the previous period (September 2011) a 6% decrease in population is observed: 550,560 IDP individuals in September 2011 compared to 519,164 IDP individuals in November 2011.
- The communes of Delmas and Tabarre report highest numbers of IDP households and individuals moving out for this period.
- Similar to the previous periods, majority of the displaced population 58% (74,183 households) resides in 53 of the larger sites (sites hosting more than 500 households). These 53 sites make up only 7% of all identified IDP sites this period.
- IDP sites hosting less than 100 IDP households make up 71% (541 IDP sites) of the total number of sites though they only host about 14% of the total IDP population (about 17,838 IDP households).
- More IDP sites on private land have closed between November 2010 and November 2011 (from 882 sites to 553 sites remaining open), compared to IDP sites on public land (from 222 sites in November 2011 to 190 sites in November 2011).